Junior League of The Woodlands InSTEP Period Project Application
The InSTEP Committee (In Support of Teen Empowerment and Progress) provides trained volunteers to partner with area schools to provide campuses with period products for girls (sanitary pads, tampons, sanitary wipes, and cotton underwear). Period Poverty is a global issue that refers to inadequate access for women and girls to period products. The Junior League of the Woodlands InSTEP committee is striving to provide these products to schools in our area that show a high need for these products.
Schools interested in applying for our InSTEP Period Project will need to meet the following criteria:
- Schools selected to partner with InSTEP must be within JLTW service area (this includes: North Harris and South Montgomery Counties. These areas include but are not limited to: Champions, Spring, Cypress, Klein, Tomball, Jersey Village, Humble, The Woodlands, Conroe, Willis & Aldine).
- May have a percentage of economically disadvantaged population of 70% or higher for the previous school year. Federal school reports are made available to the public on each district website.
- May be designated as Title I schools.
- The program will primarily serve schools which demonstrate a measurable need for period products in their specific campus.
- The partner/school must initiate the relationship to serve as program site and interest to enter in an equitable partnership with JLTW.
Please direct any questions regarding the application process to firstname.lastname@example.org
You are not currently logged in. Please log in to submit this form.